Weight-loss tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekends are the hardest

I don't know what it is about weekends but I tend to be more careless about what I eat. Don't get me wrong I don't go crazy and have whatever I feel like (not that I don't want to). After grocery shopping yesterday we went and had a doughnut. Sweet sweet awesome doughnut. It was awesome! I haven't had something that sweet in at least 6 weeks! I did notice that the doughnut was much sweeter than I remember. Perhaps it's my lack of sweets lately. So to combat my doughnut I went on a mile run. I walked less than I have in the bast and my time improved. It went from 16:41 to 15:23 to 15:10! Eating healthy is hard when all you want is bad stuff. I vow to not cut out all of our yummy food I now just have to find different ways of cooking it. I made shredded chicken red chile enchiladas they were so yummy. I used ancient grains tortillas which is basically quinoa and some other grains I have never heard of. For one tortilla it was 100 calories filled it was prob around 250 but it wasn't fried and I used very little cheese and fat free sour cream. So there you go proof that you can still have some kick ass food just made a little differently.
This is my last week of BRIK boot-camp and then starts the core boot-camp. Basically the only difference I can tell is that during BRIK they want you to detox and eat clean and the core is exercise and not so much the nutrition aspect. Not to say we can just eat what we want.
I have tried to take the BRIK nutrition aspect of the program and fit it to my family. When a diet cause so much stress in my opinion it is not worth it. So we have fit a new diet plant to fit our lives. It must be working because Josh has lost 12 pounds I have lost 11 and Alexa has not complained with the change of diet and foods. We have lot's to learn and everyday is a challenge for me. I want to lose about 4-5 more pounds by my birthday on the 11th so this week I am going to commit to 2 shakes a day and no very little carbs.
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. It has made me want to push myself harder and farther.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, You keep going. You can tell the whole thing is working. Keep it up!!!!.

    ReplyDelete