Weight-loss tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 30, 2012

2 weeks left

So this is our second to last week for this session of boot camp. It has been hard it has been challenging it has been worth it. Today I have lost a total of 9.6 pounds! I have never had such success at losing weight ever! I think part of it is the workout and part of it is the eating... I have cut out so much (not what they wanted me to) but I was having such a hard time with "their" diet I decided to do what works for me and my family. I have not had a FULL soda in almost 6 weeks.. ( I had some or a drink of 7-up the other day). I have not had any red meat in just as long. I cut out a ton of sugar and a TON of white processed foods. Have I cut it all out NO! We have switched to brown rice pasta (super good and healthy. It tastes just like reg pasta). We have started eating more veggies at lunch and at dinner. Does my mind still want the other junk YES! We went to the movies (after eating) and on the way there all my brain kept saying "get a coke, get some nachos, get some buttery popcorn".. over and over and over. I am happy to report we had water and buttered popcorn (for those of you who know my hubby know we can't NOT get popcorn).
So over all I am happy where I am with my weight-loss. Do I wish is was more at this point SURE but I am glad to report it's almost 10 pounds and I hope by Feb 11 (last day of class as well as my bday) that it is well over 10 pounds.
I had some blood drawn the other day and was very happy and surprised with the results! I will share them with you. Not because I am proud of the first tests but to show you what eating right and exercising can do.





Name Standard Range 2/7/2011 1/23/2012
Cholesterol,Tot 100-199 mg/dL 256 165
Triglycerides 0-149 mg/dL 132 97
HDL >=40 mg/dL 39 35
LDL <100 mg/dL 191 111







So you can see that the HDL and LDL are not where they need to be BUT are getting close. My doctor has taken me off my blood pressure meds and so far so good. My BP has remained in the good zone. Working out and eating right is hard.. but the end results are worth it. 
 








                         


1 comment: